Sunday 8 April 2012

Product Review; Revlon Colorstay Lipbutters!

Hi everyone! 
Today's blog is going to be about one of THE most talked about products on blogs, youtube, etc that I've seen in a while! and it is the Revlon Colorburst Lipbutters!


Now, living in the UK, I listened to beauty guru's in America talk and review this product for months and months before it came to England and when it finally did...to be honest it was all a bit confusing!
Revlon did not actually state a date (to my knowledge) of when it would be released and so it was only when I popped into Boots one day that I saw them and got VERY excited!

So onto a proper review...the Revlon Lipbutter's cost £7.99...a bit pricey for me which is the reason why I only bought one in a colour I knew I would use and then if I liked it, I could always get more :). They packaging is very nice as seen above and seems to correspond with the colour of the lip product...always handy! ;)


The colour I have is 095 Creme Brulee and is a nude colour which is why I thought it would be best for me as with my olivey skin tone, a good nude lip product is always nice!


So when applying the lip butter, I thought it was going to be a very creamy formula with a little bit of colour and to be honest for everyday this would be perfect for me.
HOW WRONG I WAS! 
The lipbutter has sooooo much more pigmentation than I originally thought and is basically like a lipstick in terms of staying power and colour pay off which is a great thing since they have such lovely shades. However, I am not a wearer of lipglosses or anything sticky on my lips as it just seems to irritate me all day and was a little bit disappointed to see that the lipbutter was a little bit harder and sticker to apply to the lips and although it was REALLY moisturising, it was not as creamy as I'd hoped...I hope that makes sense haha.


But as you can see the colour is really beautiful and does stay on the lips for about 2 hours before you have to touch up. The lipbutter also does not have a smell which does not bother me in the slightest but if you like a smell this might be something to consider.

So to sum up...The Revlon Lipbutter has some gorgeous shades to suit every skin tone with a very moisturising formula BUT is slightly sticky and more like a lipstick than expected (which to be honest I think is a good thing!)
The price is a little high for me but I have a feeling it is going to last a long time so I guess I can let that one slide! 

If you have any other questions or requests please leave them in the comments and I'll be happy to help!

ScarlettCosmetics
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment